The Capote Tapes
Answered Prayers was meant to be Truman Capote’s greatest masterpiece, an epic portrait of New York’s glittering jet-set society. Instead, it sparked his downfall. Through never-before-heard audio archives and interviews with Capote’s friends and enemies, The Capote Tapes reveals the rise and fall of America’s most iconic gay writer.
- "The film is a lively swirl of material, with lovely archival film clips and excerpts from Capote's novels accompanied by segments from Plimpton's recordings."
- Shadows on the Wall
- "Just as friends forgave Capote's excesses - until they didn't - you let the poetic licence slide. The result is too damn entertaining not to."
- Financial Times
- "It is salutary to be reminded of a great writer, whose heyday was at a time when literary authors were at the centre of culture."
- "The essence of THE CAPOTE TAPES is a kind of immersion in Truman Capote - in who he was and the worlds he moved within."
- Toronto Int'l Film Festival
- Hamptons Int'l Film Festival
- Rio de Janeiro Int'l Film Festival
- RiverRun Int'l Film Festival
- Docs Against Gravity Film Festival
- Provincetown Film Festival Reimagined