Johnny (Joaquin Phoenix) and his young nephew (Woody Norman) forge a tenuous but transformational relationship when they are unexpectedly thrown together in this delicate and deeply moving story about the connections between adults and children, the past and the future, from writer-director Mike Mills.
Joaquin Phoenix, Gaby Hoffmann, Jaboukie Young-White
- "Poetic and bittersweet, C'MON C'MON is a special film, one that asks us to recognize the mistakes we make, the people we wound, the feelings we hurt, and to maybe give ourselves a break in the process and hold on for what better future tomorrow may bring."
- The Playlist
- "One of the most deeply reflective American filmmakers working today, Mills is a storyteller with a baring, raw sense of honesty, unafraid of abruptly burst emotions."
- "The character complexities grow out of Mills’ divinely extraordinary writing."
- Heartland Int'l Film Festival
- Hamptons Int'l Film Festival
- San Diego Int'l Film Festival
- Chicago Int'l Film Festival
- Philadelphia Int'l Film Festival
- Stockholm Int'l Film Festival
- New York Film Festival
- Telluride Film Festival
- Montclair Film Festival
- Austin Film Festival
- Rome Film Festival
- Film Fest Gent
- Middleburg Film Festival
- Mill Valley Film Festival