The Velvet Queen
High up on the Tibetan plateau. Amongst unexplored and inaccessible valleys lies one of the last sanctuaries of the wild world, where rare and undiscovered fauna lives. Vincent Munier, one of the world's most renowned wildlife photographers takes the adventurer and novelist Sylvain Tesson (In the Forest of Siberia) with him on his latest mission. For several weeks, they'll explore these valleys searching for unique animals and try to spot the snow leopard, one of the rarest and most difficult big cats to approach.
Vincent Munier, Sylvain Tesson
- "Part paean to the beauty of aspirations, part koan to the unbalanced relationship the human race has with the planet, THE VELVET QUEEN is a deeply philosophical journey with some exquisite images of wildlife added for good measure"
- Spectrum Culture
- "Two French adventurers travel the Tibetan Highlands in search of the elusive snow leopard, but Marie Amiguet's quietly spellbinding doc is more about the chase than the quarry."
- Cannes Film Festival
- Vancouver Int'l Film Festival
- Int'l Documentary Festival Amsterdam
- Camden Int'l Film Festival
- Festival du Nouveau Cinéma de Montréal
- Zurich Film Festival
- IDFA in Groningen